RedJet extreme speedboat tours are real roller coaster rides on the water. Explore Budapest from a whole new angle, at full speed.
Do you think you’ve seen it all in Budapest? If you’ve wandered around every little nook of buzzing Pest and hilly Buda, climbed all the spectacular lookouts and hip rooftops, and even checked the scenic transportation lines of the city, let us interest you in a whole new level of sightseeing. It’s time to get down to the riverside and take a boat ride, marveling at the sights along the Danube. Built along the two sides of the Danube, Budapest offers countless river cruises from charming pleasure boats to amphibious bus tours, and everything in between.
Probably the most unique of them all is RedJet boat tours, offering an unforgettable wild ride on the water. This one is definitely not for the faint-hearted, but for those who want to experience Budapest from a different angle – and at a different speed. 440 horsepower, 80 km/h speed, breakneck 360-degree turns right in front of the Parliament, what else do you need? Read on to learn it all about RedJet!
As of the summer of 2018, Budapest is in for the ride with a whole new sightseeing attraction, RedJet boat tour. Boasting a horsepower of 440, the RedJet boat is without doubt the fastest speedboat on the Danube. And that’s not surprising since it runs with a Japanese Yanmar engine, the same they use in Spain for drifting in the sea. Putting the pedal to the metal, RedJet accelerates on adventure right from the start, going from the Kopaszi gát to the Hungarian Parliament building at 80 km/h. It’s not just about the speed, though. Once in position, with two experienced captains on board, RedJet starts drifting and takes the wildest U-turns, giving its maximum of 12 passengers a once-in-a-lifetime experience with the most unique view of Budapest. All you need to do is fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride!
The check-in point for RedJet is at Kopaszi gát Budapart, right at the BKK boat stop. Passengers are asked to arrive 20 minutes prior to the departure to get in full gear. Waterproof coats and trousers, as well as life jackets are provided as it’s impossible not to get your feet wet during the drifting. But a little water doesn’t hurt – if something, it’s quite refreshing especially during summertime. Keep in mind, though, that you don’t want any phones or cameras on you while on the water. The organizers provide secure storages on the shore, keeping all your valuables safe and sound. Don’t worry, you’ll get your visual memories thanks to the GoPro at the front of the boat. You’ll get the best snippets via email within 72 hours. Before boarding, the two captains will tell you all the necessary information about the Danube, the boat, the sights, and the safety rules. Rest assured, you’ll be in good hands all the way.
Once all passengers are set and ready, the red boat leaves the gentle shores of Kopaszi gát and gets to full speed on the main waters of the Danube. The tour takes 30 minutes including boarding and docking, so you’d better keep your eyes wide open as you spin along under the bridges of Budapest to the Parliament building, where the extreme drifting can begin. A sudden 360-degree turn under the famous Chain Bridge? Check. A wild twirl right in front of the Buda Castle? Check. We’re not going to spoil the fun by telling all the spins and stunts, but you can be sure, it’s a real roller coaster ride in the water. RedJet tours are fun for all, but children under 16 can only participate with an adult companion, and kids under 120 cm are not allowed to enter the boat.
It’s difficult to put a price tag on such a unique experience, yet RedJet boat tours cost 8,000HUF/person, which equals €25. You can book your ticket online or buy it on the spot at Kopaszi gát Budapart at the cashier. You can also purchase a gift card for a loved one or reserve the whole boat for special occasions, such as a stag do or a team building.
What’s included in the price?
- 30-minutes speedboat tour with 2 experienced captains
- Waterproof coat, trousers and a life jacket
- Storages on the shore for your belongings
- 5-10 photos of the greatest moments of the ride
Address: 1117 Budapest, Kopaszi dam – Budapart port (at the entrance gate, turn left)
Kopaszi gát (dam) is a riverside park in south Buda by the Rákóczi Bridge with terrace cafés and boat ports. You can get there either by tram Nr. 1 or BKK boat.
Phone: +36 70 942 2633 (10 AM – 5 PM)
You can find more information about the Redjet speedboat tours here.
- What is a RedJet boat tour?
- RedJet boat tour is a 30-minute extreme speedboat ride on the Danube, full of drifting and extreme spins along with the panoramic riverside view of Budapest. Equipped with a Yanmar engine, RedJet runs at 80km/h maximum speed with 440 horsepower, offering a whole new level of sightseeing in the Hungarian capital.
- What is the price of a RedJet boat tour?
- The 30-minute RedJet boat tour costs 8,000HUF or €25 per person. You can book a ticket online or buy it at the cashier at Kopaszi gát Budapart, where the boat departs. Make sure to get to the check-in point 20 minutes prior to the departure to have time to get into full gear (waterproof coat and trousers, as well as a life jacket) and pack your valuables in one of the lockers on the shore.
- How long is a RedJet boat tour?
- The RedJet extreme speedboat tour is 30 minutes long including boarding and docking. You’re advised to get to the check-in point at Kopaszi gát 20 minutes prior to the departure to get into full gear for the ride. Get ready to get your feet wet.