Explore Hungary from above! Get a bird’s-eye view of Budapest and the countryside from a hot air balloon, a private airplane, or a helicopter.
If you’ve explored every nook and cranny of Budapest on foot, by bike, on four wheels, and on
water, it’s time to level up your game and get a panoramic view over the Hungarian capital.
We’ve collected the best air tours the country has to offer from spectacular hot air balloon rides
to private air cruises and exclusive helicopter transfers. Get a bird’s-eye view over Buda and
Pest, marvel at the Lake Balaton from above, or get to the Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix like
a king. Take your pick and prepare for takeoff!
Imagine floating in the air, light as a cloud, taking in the incredible views Hungary lays in front of
you. Or stop daydreaming and book a hot air balloon tour for a breathtaking 360° view over the
As the latest attraction of the City Park, a spectacular red-and-white hot air balloon emerges
from the trees every half an hour to give you the thrill of floating in a basket 150 meters from the
ground. Prepare for a panoramic view over the Danube with the most beautiful bridges of
Budapest, the Buda Castle, the Széchenyi Thermal Bath, the Gellért Hill, and more. Securely
fixed to the ground with cords, the balloon is almost like an open-air lift that takes you above
tree level. It accommodates max. 30 passengers and offers a relaxed ride of altogether 15
minutes for those wanting to try the hot air balloon experience. If this floats your boat, choose
between daytime and evening rides or book a private ride for a more exclusive experience.
Note, however, that the balloon only operates in calm weather.
Find more information here.
Fly over the
If the 15-min hot air balloon ride in the City Park piqued your interest, and you’re looking for a
longer hot air balloon tour around Budapest and the countryside, you came to the right place.
There are many companies operating hot air balloons with maximum safety in Hungary. It’s on
you (and the wind conditions) to decide if you’d like to fly over cathedrals and castle ruins in
Visegrád and Esztergom or Lake Balaton with the dormant Badacsony volcano and Tihany
peninsula. No matter which one you choose, rest assured, you’ll get a once-in-a-lifetime
experience – with a glass of champagne after landing.
Find more information here.
You might have got a glimpse of Budapest from your plane window before landing at the
Budapest Airport, but if you’d like to take that to the next level, private air cruise tours around
Budapest and the Hungarian countryside are for you.
Flying over Budapest in a four-seater aircraft? Why not! Book a daytime air tour and get a
bird’s-eye view over the Hungarian capital, or pick the sunset air tours and marvel at the city
lights as your private jet flies over the Danube river and the beautiful bridges of Budapest. Or if
you’d like to see beyond the downtown of Budapest, venture out to the Danube Bend and
explore nearby scenic towns like Szentendre, Visegrád, and Esztergom from above.
Find the best air tours in Budapest here:
Want to see more than just Budapest during your weekend getaway? Hop on a private air tour
and get to the most famous countryside locations of Hungary, like Lake Balaton, or Hévíz, the
unique natural thermal lake where you can revive your body and soul. Choose the panoramic
flight tours to and from Budapest or use the plane as your private jet that waits on you as you
take a dip in the sweet water.
Find the best air tours to Balaton and Hévíz here:
In Budapest, various companies offer 30-min helicopter tours around the most famous sites of
the city. Alternatively, you can get a bird’s-eye view over the countryside or get your helicopter
transfer to Hungaroring.
If you’d like to see Budapest in a whole new perspective, you can book a helicopter tour and fly
over Buda Castle, the Matthias Church, Margaret Island, and Gellért Hill. For a more romantic
setting, we recommend the sunset helicopter tours. Alternatively, you can get a breathtaking
view over the Danube Bend or explore the royal panorama of Visegrád and Esztergom.
Find the best helicopter tours in Budapest here:
- Helicopter tour in Budapest
- Sunset helicopter tour
- Night helicopter tour
- Panoramic flight over the Danube Bend
- Journey of the three emperors: Visegrád, Esztergom
The prices of helicopter tours depend on the type of vehicle, the number of passengers,
and the chosen tour. Generally, they range between HUF 100,000 – 750,000.
Besides sightseeing tours, helicopters are also used as exclusive transfer options, especially
during the Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix. If you don’t want to get stuck in traffic, you can
arrive to Hungaroring in style – with your private helicopter ride. It’s definitely the fastest and
most exclusive way to arrive to the paddocks, in addition to which you’ll get a panoramic view
over Budapest. You can get helicopter shuttles either from the Danube river or from the
The prices of the Hungaroring helicopter transfer range between EUR 190 (one way
from the Buda Riverside Heliport) and EUR 2,000-2,400 (round trip from the Budapest Airport)
depending on the type of helicopter (Bell-206, AS-355, Robinson R-44).
- What are the best air tours in Budapest?
- If you’d like to explore Budapest from above, you can try hot air balloon rides, air cruise tours, and private helicopter rides. They can also take you to get a panoramic view over Lake Balaton, Hévíz, Esztergom, Visegrád, or even Hungaroring.
- What are the best hot air balloon tours in Budapest?
- You can take a 15-min hot air balloon ride in the Budapest City Park for HUF 7,000. If you’re looking for a longer tour around the countryside, pick Balaton Ballooning and get a bird’s-eye view of Lake Balaton and beyond for approx. EUR 160.
- What are the best private air cruise tours in Budapest?
- In Budapest, you can choose between daytime and sunset airplane tours to explore the most famous sites of the city. Alternatively, you can take an air cruise tour over Esztergom, Visegrád, Hévíz, or the Lake Balaton – for less than EUR 1,000.
- What are the best helicopter tours in Budapest?
- Private helicopter tours in Budapest will fly you over the city by day or night, and take you to see the spectacular Danube Bend. You can also get your helicopter transfer to Hungaroring during the Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix weekend.