Budapest features the perfect outdoor weather in September. The climate is always relatively mild, with temperatures rarely exceeding bearable levels. This month of the year is also called the Indian summer because lovely summer weather tends to extend until the beginning of October. But what is worth knowing about the Budapest weather in September?
SEPTEMBER WEATHER FACTS
Exciting, buzzing and sunny. That is Budapest in a nutshell in September.
The average min. is +12⁰C/53⁰F and the average max. is +22⁰C/71⁰F.
Average rainfall: 40 mm
The weather in Budapest in September is quite mild and still feels like summer but less hot and more bearable. Apart from occasional rainfall, September is pretty reliable in terms of the number of sunny hours per day.
ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF THE BUDAPEST WEATHER IN SEPTEMBER
We have collected all the advantages and disadvantages for you why you should visit Budapest in September.
1. Visiting Budapest in September is a perfect occasion to jump on your rented bike or participate in a Segway tour around downtown Budapest
2. If you are into cultural programs, this is your lucky month, because theatres and the opera open their gates again after an offseason break. There are English speaking plays that you can enjoy or if you opt for the opera, most of the pieces are subtitled.
3. Check out the endless list of festivals. Budapest Wine Festival in the Buda Castle or the Chocolate Festival at the Millenáris Park, you name it. September is famous for the wide range of gourmet festivals
4. The weather is still mild enough to enjoy a fun night out. Don’t miss out on immersing in the epic nightlife of Budapest
5. You can put on your running shoes and expand your comfort zone by entering the half-Marathon or Marathon running race. The running route takes you around the most beautiful spots of Budapest. Check out the running calendar!
6. Budapest is less overcrowded with tourists thanks to the start of the new school year
7. You can visit the Budapest Zoo and you will not be disappointed. Due to the temperature not exceeding bearable levels, the animals spend more time outside where you can check them out
1. September is still relatively high season in terms of tourists (if you are more into quite, less busy days, go for October)
2. You will see and meet fewer locals
– Rent a bike or Segway and get fit while discovering the city
– September is the end of the holiday season for the Hungarians, you are less likely to meet locals around Lake Balaton. If you have an extra day to spare in Hungary, do plan a 1-day visit to the biggest and most popular Lake in Hungary and have it all for yourself
– The temperature may still rise above 25⁰C during the day, so always have a bottle of water with you or stop to buy one from time to time, hydrate regularly
– Eat a hearty lunch or dinner on a terrace of the many really good Hungarian restaurants. You may want to throw a light jumper in your bag when you want to stay outside at night
– Have, sunglasses, a hat and sun lotion in your bag. You can get sunburnt from spending 30 mins in the sun
– Buy your entrance tickets to the most-visited attractions of Budapest online and save time
-Watch this video about how to spend 36 hours in Budapest in summer
Budapest weather in September is delightful and super sunny. It is the perfect combination of sunny and warm days but nice, cool nights. You will never regret choosing this month of the year for your city break. Budapest looks and feels lovely in September.