October is a wonderful month to visit Budapest weather-wise. The high temperatures of the summer months drop to some extent in October, but all in all, you’ll still have plenty of chances to sit outside at the cafes and take long leisurely walks, especially in early October. During the second part of October the air becomes so nicely crispy that you want to take it home in your lungs. But what is worth knowing about the Budapest weather in October?
OCTOBER WEATHER FACTS
Bustling, breeze and sunny, this is how I could describe Budapest in October.
The average min. is +7⁰C/45⁰F and the average max. is +16⁰C/60⁰F.
Average rainfall: 35 mm
October is relatively sunny, although the chances of rain are on the rise.
ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF THE BUDAPEST WEATHER IN OCTOBER
We have collected all the advantages and disadvantages for you why you should visit Budapest in October.
1. You can enjoy exploring the attractions at a leisurely pace without having to fight for space. The number of tourists coming to Budapest drops in October
2. The temperature drops just enough to crave for the hotness of a thermal pool. You can visit the many baths of Budapest. If you want to spice up your spa experience, try a late-night pool party. What is on the menu? Music, people and thermal pools
3. As we move towards the end of October, the evenings are getting considerably colder which provides great opportunity to spend some time indoors as well. Try one of the escape rooms in Budapest. You will be given a mystery that you need to solve via tricky puzzles and accomplishing tasks. The aim of the game is to escape the room by finding the code for the lock. It is more fun to be locked in with a group of friends (~4-6 people)
4. It is high time to start visiting museums and exhibitions. If you are staying with kids, go to the Hungarian Natural History Museum or if you are more into art, the Museum of Fine Arts always have several permanent and temporary exhibitions
5. You can expand your comfort zone by entering in a half-marathon or just simply enjoy a nice run on the rubber covered running track of Margaret Island. It is one of the best places for running
6. You can visit the famous Budapest Zoo, which is super ideal with children, since it is located in the heart of Budapest, there is no need to travel far and your kids will be totally enchanted by the lovely animals and fun activities offered.
7. Participate in the October 23 celebrations. On 23 October, Hungary commemorates the Revolution of 1956
Both the average daytime temperatures and nighttime temperatures decrease rapidly in October, which makes staying outdoor less enjoyable. (November gets even colder but the preparation for Christmas is worth it)
– 23 October is a national holiday, when all the shops are closed and only restaurants and entertainment units operate
– Pack your swimming costume and visit a thermal bath
– Pack plenty of layers of clothes
– Wear comfy and warm shoes or ankle boots
– Don’t leave your sunglasses and your scarf at home. You may need both
– Taste the Hungarian cuisine and try some of the best restaurants
– Do not go home without drinking a shot of Pálinka, which is a traditional strong Hungarian alcoholic liquor. This will warm you up from the inside out.
– Buy your entrance tickets to the most-visited attractions of Budapest online and save time
-Don’t just dream about coming to Budapest in October, do it
Budapest weather in October can be unpredictable in a positive way because if you get lucky you can still enjoy the very last days of summer or if autumn is in full swing, you will be forced to put on a coat and scarf. If you have set your heart on coming to Budapest in October, do not hesitate but book your plane or train ticket and visit the capital of Hungary. It is worth it.