Why should you come to Budapest in May? What is worth knowing about the Budapest weather in May? Read the article and you will get all the answers, useful tips and more.
MAY WEATHER FACTS
Coming to visit Budapest in May is a wise and sound decision since the weather is already inviting and too good to be true but you won’t have to look for the shady spots like in mid-summer yet.
The average min. is +10⁰C/34⁰F and the average max. is +20⁰C/68⁰F.
Average rainfall: 59 mm
The weather is still slightly unpredictable with showers and windy days, but all in all, especially as we move towards June, it is very much enjoyable and sunny.
ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF THE BUDAPEST WEATHER IN MAY
We have collected all the advantages and disadvantages for you why you should visit Budapest in May. (Honestly, there are not many disadvantages)
1. Budapest weather in May is perfect for outdoor activities
2. Some of the open-air swimming pools traditionally open on 1 May (e.g. Dagály bath or Palatinus beach)
3. The evenings are warm enough for a boat cruise. Board your boat in daylight and let darkness find you on the boat. Budapest is just gorgeous at night! (This program is even better in June or July)
4. Visiting the Budapest Zoo is another fantastic program with kids. The animals are already out to welcome you and you can sit down and rest any time without getting a cold
5. You can rent a bike and you can check out Margaret Island on 2 wheels
6. You can eat and drink on the many terraces of the best Budapest restaurants.
7. You can try the Budapest Eye for a fabulous view on Budapest
1. It is high season for tourists, you will be sharing the city with a lot of other people
2. it is probably not warm enough for the outdoor pools yet
– Even when it looks brightly sunny, don’t be deceived, you might need a jumper when walking in the shadow
– 1 May is a National Holiday in Hungary, all the shops are closed apart from entertainment units and restaurants
– Hungarians celebrate Mother’s Day on the first Sunday of May and Children’s Day on the last Sunday of May. Usually, there are some extra programs for kids on their day in bigger parks like: Városliget
– Have your sunglasses, some sun lotion and umbrella in your bag
– Visit the Botanic Gardens in Budapest if you love cherry blossoming or trees blossoming in general (e.g. )
– Pack you swimming costume as well
– Check out the video about Budapest in May
If you have been thinking about the right time when to come to Budapest, May is a good option if your main purpose is sightseeing and you don’t enjoy walking in hot weather. The spectacular view of trees and flowers blossoming will take your breath away and the city will show you its most amiable face during this time of the year. Mother’s Day and Children’s Day makes it extra special and May feels like a never ending chain of weekends of celebrations. May is just simply gorgeous in Budapest, come and check out for yourself, book your flight or bus ticket today!