ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF THE BUDAPEST WEATHER IN JUNE
We have collected all the advantages and disadvantages for you why you should visit Budapest in June.
1. Budapest weather in June is perfect for any outdoor activities, including bike rides
2. The open-air swimming pools and baths in Budapest are open and are ready to cool you down (e.g. Dagály bath or Palatinus beach) (if you are into swimming and sunbathing check out July as well!)
3. You must go on a boat cruise. Board your boat in daylight and let darkness find you on the boat. Budapest is just gorgeous at night and you can enjoy the lovely June weather on the top deck of your boat!
4. Visiting the Budapest Zoo in June is a good idea if you have kids, you will love this place in the heart of Budapest. All the animals are out sunbathing
5. If you are staying for more than 2-3 days, pack your bag and head to Lake Balaton for a dip
6. You can enjoy your breakfast or a coffee on the many terraces of the best Budapest restaurants.
7. The weather is ideal for taking a ride on the Budapest Eye for a fabulous view on Budapest
8. The festival season is on, check out the opportunities online or visit a Budapest Tourist Center for more info (e.g.: food, music etc. festivals)
1. It is high season for tourists, expect crowded places and queuing for getting in popular sights
2. The Budapest weather in June could be too hot for tourists coming from the North
– Get the latest edition of a Budapest Program booklet (available at tourist sights) or visit the Budapest Tourist Centers for festival & program dates
– Pentecost Monday falls on the 7th Monday after Easter (usually in June), which is a religious holiday in Hungary and all the shops are closed apart from entertainment units and restaurants. Always check the National Holidays before you plan your visit
– Do not leave your sunglasses and sun lotion at home. You will need them
– June is ideal for immersing in the Nightlife of Budapest, there are plenty of bars and clubs. If you see the sign of “Nightclub”, they might be striptease bars. Be careful!
– Pack your swimming costume as well and cool down in the many swimming pools and baths in the city
– Check out the video about Budapest in summer
Budapest is particularly gorgeous and exciting in June. If you are a summer lover, do not miss out on the opportunity to visit the capital of Hungary in summer. The list of festivals and programs are endless and the city is magical at night.