Why should you come to Budapest in July? What is worth knowing about the Budapest weather in July? Read the article and you will get all the answers, useful tips and more.
JULY WEATHER FACTS
Are you a summer person? Do you love walking around in the sunshine and hot weather? Can’t you wait to put on your shorts and discover Budapest? If the answer is yes to any of the 3 questions above, July is your best choice to come and visit the capital of Hungary.
The average temperature: min. is +16⁰C/61⁰F and the average max. is +26⁰C/79⁰F.
Average rainfall: 45 mm
July is one of the hottest months in Budapest, you must prepare for hot and usually dry weather with random rainstorms.
ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF THE BUDAPEST WEATHER IN JULY
We have collected all the advantages and disadvantages for you why you should visit Budapest in July.
1.Budapest weather in July is perfect for staying outdoors, renting a bike or taking a walk in the Buda Hills to cool down
2. The open-air swimming pools and baths in Budapest are open and are operating in full swing (e.g. Dagály bath or Palatinus beach). Some of them are hidden and you would never suspect that there is a baths behind the walls of a random building
3. This is the best opportunity ever to go on a boat cruise. Budapest is just gorgeous at night and you can enjoy the lovely, balmy July weather on the top deck of your boat!
4. Should you stay longer than 2-3 days in Budapest, we highly recommend for you to pack your bag and head to Lake Balaton for a dip
5. You can enjoy your lunch, dinner or a glass of nice cold drink on the many terraces of the best Budapest restaurants.
6. The festival season is on, check out the opportunities online or visit a Budapest Tourist Center for more info (e.g.: food, music etc. festivals) (The best festival, called Sziget is yet to come in August)
7. You can visit the hidden gem of Budapest, the so-called Roman Beach, or “Római-part” for a walk. This romantic place besides the Danube still has the atmosphere of the 90’s and they offer typical beach food, including fish and pancakes. Take a walk next to the Danube and enjoy the occasional gentle breeze.
1. It is mid-summer and the city tends to be thronging with tourists
2. The Budapest weather in July can be unbelievably hot
3. Not all of the vehicles of public transportation are air-conditioned. Buses can be pretty hot
– There are numerous summer festivals & programs going on in the city, get the latest edition of a Budapest Program booklet (available at tourist sights) or visit the Budapest Tourist Centers for dates
– Make sure you have a bottle of water in your bag to be able to hydrate in the hot July days. There are several small shops scattered around Budapest, if you don’t feel like carrying a heavy bag, you can always buy your bottle in them
– Get in an air-conditioned place to cool down and hydrate from time to time
– Sunglasses, hats and sun lotion are must-have items in your bag
– The nights in July are perfect for a night out. Immerse in the nightlife of Budapest and feel the city buzzing even in the early hours. If you see the sign of “Nightclub”, they might be striptease bars. Be careful!
– Do pack your swimming costume and spend half a day in one of the super cool open-air swimming pools in Budapest. You don’t have to travel long hours there are dozens of baths and swimming pools available in the city
– Check out the video about Budapest in summer
Although Budapest can be pretty hot in July, don’t be afraid of getting too hot and sticky because the city makes up for the hot July weather with the many super cool swimming pools and baths. You can walk along the Danube where there is always a gentle breeze or you can relax in the shadow of the Buda Hill.