Why should you come to Budapest in February? What is worth knowing about the Budapest weather in February? Read the article and you will get all the answers, useful tips and more.
FEBRUARY WEATHER FACTS
Travelling to Budapest in February means more luggage than travelling in summer, since you have thicker and bigger clothes, plus you will need to be able to pack all your winter sales shopping!
The average min. is -2⁰C/28⁰F and the average max. is +4⁰C/39⁰F.
Average rainfall: 28 mm (including light snow)
It is likely to snow in February but it is less and less likely due to the global warming.
There are several sunny days but you will most likely experience the real Hungarian winter too.
ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF THE BUDAPEST WEATHER IN FEBRUARY
Not everybody enjoys a winter holiday, but we have collected some advantages, why you should come to Budapest in February.
1. You can enjoy a less crowded city
2. You can relax in the many hot baths in Budapest
3. You will find the best winter sales in the shops and you can take opportunity to buy your partner something memorable for Valentine’s Day
4. The popular ice-skating rink (Műjégpálya: https://www.mujegpalya.hu/en) in Budapest is still open and ready to roll (watch out, it could be already closed in March though!)
5. You can enjoy a beautiful snowy walk on the Margaret Island where you can also run, if you are a run addict
6. It is a great excuse to come back to Budapest in summer to enjoy the city in beautiful, summer weather as well
7. It is the month of Valentine’s Day (14th February). Why don’t you surprise your significant other with a dinner in one of the best Hungarian restaurants?
8. A nice glass of wine in any of the great bars of Budapest will warm up your body
1. The weather is Budapest in February can be quite cold and windy and the temperature often drops down under 0⁰C.
2. Always wear many layers of clothes to keep you warm all the time
3. When you go in a heated shop you will want to take off your coat and then it is very inconvenient to carry it along
4. The sights and the nature are less attractive during a grey winter day
5. The selection of outdoor programs is limited in February
– Always wear layered clothing
– Wearing double layer of socks is very beneficial when you are spending hours and hours outside
– Don’t leave your hat, scarf and gloves at home, they are must-have in this month
– You should wear gloves with which you can navigate on your phone
– Visit heated shops or bars from time to time to defrost and re-charge your batteries
– If you are really prepared you will have hot tea in a vacuum flask with you
– Watch this video about a snowy Budapest:
Don’t be scared by the Budapest weather in February! If you dress warmly and go inside to warm up from time to time, you will be fine and will be able to discover the fabulous Budapest in a very special month of the year.