Why should you come to Budapest in April? What is worth knowing about the Budapest weather in April? Read the article and you will get all the answers, useful tips and more.
APRIL WEATHER FACTS
April is a good choice if you want to visit Budapest because it is not too hot yet but already warm and balmy enough to sit on a terrace while sipping your coffee.
The average min. is +6⁰C/43⁰F and the average max. is +15⁰C/59⁰F.
Average rainfall: 38 mm
April is called the “changeful April” because it may be super sunny and warm in one minute and windy and chilly in the other.
ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF THE BUDAPEST WEATHER IN APRIL
We have collected all the advantages and disadvantages for you why you should visit Budapest in April.
1. It is still low season, you will be able to discover Budapest in a quiet and relaxed way
2. You can already enjoy all the open-air programs (check out May for even more program offerings!)
3. You can pack your suitcase with the latest SS collections
4. You can sit on the many terraces of Budapest to enjoy a glass of wine or a piece of cake
5. It is a great month to have lunch in one of the best Hungarian restaurants
6. Rent a bike and discover Budapest on 2 wheels. There are quite a few bike roads around Budapest where you can ride you bike safely
7. Enjoy the Easter Holiday in Budapest
1. Budapest weather in April is pretty much unpredictable you need to carry some extra items in your bag to be on the safe side
2. You cannot enjoy the open-air pools or natural lakes for a dip yet (but there are spas instead!)
3. You need to wear many layers of clothes to keep warm or feel the breeze on your skin if the weather is merciful. Be ready to put on and take off your coat many times during one day.
– Always wear layered clothing
– A lighter scarf can come in handy, put one in your bag
– Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday are bank holidays in Hungary, everything is closed apart from restaurants and entertainment units but there are several traditional festivals and celebrations going on in the city, where you can learn more about Easter traditions in Hungary (Easter is a moving holiday, always check the exact days beforehand)
– Apply sun lotion on your face, neck and arms (the sun is already quite strong)
– Always watch out for tourist when riding a bike, they tend to walk aimlessly and without looking around
– Watch this video about Budapest in Easter
Budapest is at its best in spring and particularly in April when the weather is already perfect for long walks, you can jump on your bike but you won’t feel too hot or too cold. We are all grateful for the balmy feeling of sunshine on our skin and we cherish the lifecycle of nature. The trees and flowers start blossoming and the scent of spring is already in the air. Just take a deep breath and enjoy! This is the perfect occasion to take long walks and discover Budapest, the hidden gem of Europe by walking. If you get tired you can always jump on a bus for a quick sit-down.